A program to introduce key leaders in Saint Lucia to the foundation concepts of Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and a plan to engage stakeholders (sport policy makers, key leaders, technical experts) in the development of a Legacy Plan to ensure the growth of sport in the country. This sport plan or “blueprint” will guide the development of a national strategy and strong sport system in Saint Lucia as it looks ahead of hosting.
Re-directing sport leaders and policy makers to ensure the longer term participation of Saint Lucians in sport and physical activity.
Children to elder
1. Understanding and application of key Long-Term Athlete Development and Sport for Life concepts
2. Key leader buy-in to development a national sport plan
3. Creation of a national steering committee
4. Clear national plan for sport
5. Strong national sport system
6. Development of sport specific Long-Term Athlete Development frameworks
7. Increase coach development program
8. Align system training and competition
9. Increase participation by Saint Lucians in sport and physical literacy