A 3-day Conference for coaches of every sport. Open to coaches of every level. Join us to learn, share, and connect with coaches from across Ontario and unlock the Coaching
A 3-day Conference for coaches of every sport. Open to coaches of every level. Join us to learn, share, and connect with coaches from across Ontario and unlock the Coaching Secrets to Playing, Training, and Winning.
Join nationally and internationally renowned experts in sport psychology, high performance sport, physical literacy and so much more! You won’t want to miss this opportunity to unlock the Coaching Secrets to Playing, Training, and Winning at the 2017 Ontario Coaches Conference.
This all-star cast includes; Toronto Raptors coach Jama Mahlalela, Physical literacy guru Dr. Dean Kriellaars, NBA advanced scout and Canadian Basketball Senior Men’s National Team Head Scout Joe Raso, Sport for life expert Dr. Stephen Norris, the George Washington University doctors of fun Dr. Amanda Visek and Heather Manning, and back by popular demand internationally recognized sport biomechanist Bruce Craven!
March 31 (Friday) 5:45 pm - April 2 (Sunday) 8:00 am
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Lloyd D. Jackson Square, 116 King St W, Hamilton, ON L8P 4V3
Members of the community are invited to join in a variety of FREE sessions designed to promote physical literacy & the fundamental movement skills, and their importance for more than just
Members of the community are invited to join in a variety of FREE sessions designed to promote physical literacy & the fundamental movement skills, and their importance for more than just participation in sport, but also for navigating activities of daily life! Sessions will include parent seminars & professional development workshops, aquatic & dry-land physical literacy programs for parent & child, and introductory fitness classes! Please check their website & social media channels to learn more!
For those interested in learning more about how to observe & improve the fundamental movement skills, please join them for the FREE NCCP FMS Coach Professional Development Workshop that has been planned for Tuesday, April 4th from 5:30-8:30pm. Targeted at coaches & instructors with some previous knowledge of the fundamental movement skills & experience working with children, participants will be introduced to methods for identification & improvement of throwing, catching, jumping, striking, running, kicking and agility, balance & coordination. Registration can be completed online, in person or over the phone (course code 107057).
2 (Sunday) 1:00 pm - 8 (Saturday) 10:00 am
1885 Forest Park Drive, North Saanich, BC V8L 4A3
The International Physical Literacy Conference (IPLC) is designed to bring together sport, health, education and recreation experts to advance the knowledge, application and implementation of physical literacy
The International Physical Literacy Conference (IPLC) is designed to bring together sport, health, education and recreation experts to advance the knowledge, application and implementation of physical literacy programming across the globe. The conference engages leaders, practitioners and stakeholders of physical literacy from around the world in a truly collaborative environment.
12 (Wednesday) 9:00 am - 15 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
Westin Harbour Square
1, Harbour Square, Toronto, ON M5J 1A6
The Alberta Sport Connection is pleased to announce that the Conference Website and Registration is now open for the 2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference, April 27-29, 2017.
The Alberta Sport Connection is pleased to announce that the Conference Website and Registration is now open for the 2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference, April 27-29, 2017. www.absportleadershipconference.ca is your one-stop source for all of the Conference information and details.
Alberta Sport Connection will be presenting their seventh Alberta Sport Leadership Conference at the Banff Centre; a scenic backdrop for sector colleagues, stakeholders and partners to share knowledge, information, network and collaborate.
* Registration fees prior to April 14th will be $300.00 and will increase to $375.00 after that date. There are also registration options for students and single day registrants.
* Payment Options will include all major credit cards only.
* Registration for the Alberta Sport Leadership Conference will be through the Coaching Association of Canada Locker https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/1540 site . Registrants will need to create a user profile if they are new to the system.
* Banff Centre Accommodations can be made online by booking under the Group Name: https://absportleadershipconference.ca/accommodations/.Please book by March 27th to guarantee accommodation on site.
* Conference Schedule includes:
- Thursday, April 27 – Conference Registration, Opening Keynote – Jennifer Moss ”Unlocking Happiness at Work” followed by the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Networking Social
- Friday, April 26 – Plenary Sessions, Concurrent Workshops and a Panel Presentation focused on Strategies for Increasing Female Participation In Sport, and the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet with guest Master of Ceremonies 2014 Alberta Olympian Speed skater Gilmore Junio; a former Junior Male Athlete (2010) of the Year Award Recipient.
- Saturday, April 27 – Plenary Sessions, Concurrent Workshops and the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Closing Luncheon featuring Mark Tewksbury as the host along with Alberta Summer Olympians and Paralympian’s from the 2016 Rio Games.
* The theme of this year’s Conference is Celebrating Sport in Alberta and the Conference Program has been established around five principles of Quality Sport including:
- Sport is led by Quality Coaching
- Sport Organizations demonstrate Excellence
- Sport reflects the Principles of Athlete Development
- Sport is delivered in a Safe and Ethical Manner with a focus on Concussions in Sport
- Sport is Inclusive and Accessible to Under-Represented Populations with an emphasis on Increasing Participation for Females
Of special note Friday evening, the Alberta Sport Connection will recognize the outstanding sport achievements of Albertans at the Celebrating Sport In Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet.
Nominations for these awards closed on February 3rd.
- 2016 Junior Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Open Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Open & Junior Team of the Year
- Coach Developer Awards
- Coaching Recognition Awards
- Officiating Recognition Awards
- Sport Volunteer Recognition Awards
The Alberta Sport Connection thanks Paper Leaf Design Ltd. for their assistance in the development of the Alberta Sport Leadership Conference Website www.absportleadershipconference.ca along with the Coaching Association of Canada for the use of the Locker Registration Site.
Alberta Sport Connection would like to thank you in advance for distributing this email to all of your contacts within your PSO as well as posting to your digital and social media outlets.
We look forward to seeing you in Banff!
27 (Thursday) 9:00 am - 29 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
The Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive Banff, Alberta T1L 1H5
Daniella Rochedaniella.email@example.com Suite 500 - 10055 106 Street Edmonton, AB T5J 1G3
The Innovative Fitness Adventure Challenge is a 3-discipline event (kayak, mountain bike, trail run) that aims to raise awareness and support strategies for building an
The Innovative Fitness Adventure Challenge is a 3-discipline event (kayak, mountain bike, trail run) that aims to raise awareness and support strategies for building an active and healthy community!
2017 Adventure Challenge
September 9th, 2017
Rocky Point Park in Port Moody, BC
Situated in Port Moody, BC, the course offers amazing scenery and is designed with lots of variety for all participant levels—from the beginner adventure racer to the seasoned adventure racer!
In teams of 2 or 4, our participants raise money to support the Physical Literacy for Life and I AM SOMEONE charities. With 75 volunteers and 150 participating racers, this amazing full-day event is celebratory, cheerful, and challenging! Help build an active & healthy community by participating, volunteering or cheering!
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Rocky Point Park in Port Moody
2800 Murray St, Port Moody, BC V3H 1X2