The Sport for Life Society is calling on leaders from across the sport, recreation, education, and health sectors to share their leading-edge work, inventive programming, best practices, research, and/or findings at the 2020 Sport for Life Canadian Summit. The Summit takes place in Gatineau, Quebec from January 28 through 30.
The 2020 Sport for Life Canadian Summit theme “Celebrating Success” highlights the importance of bringing together individuals from multiple sectors not only to reflect on and share past successes, but to understand how these successes came to be and what we can do to ensure continued success. Collaboration is key if we are to achieve our shared goals — within our organizations; throughout the national, provincial, and local levels of our sports; and across the whole of the Canadian sport and physical activity ecosystem. Join us in celebrating what has gone well and in focusing on what we can continue to do to ensure positive change going forward.
The Summit will feature keynotes speakers, individual presentations, panel sessions, and interactive breaks. The streams to consider when submitting a presentation include:
- Celebrating Community Activation: Highlight impactful programs, initiatives and collaborations with a community focus.
- Celebrating Quality Sport: Highlight events, organizations and programs that are delivering quality sport.
- Celebrating Effective Athlete Pathways: Highlight successful practices conducted by community sport councils and local sport organizations, through to provincial/territorial and national sport organizations.
- Celebrating Impactful People: Highlight community sport and physical activity initiatives that have had significant lasting impact.
- Celebrating Effective Systems: Highlight policies, plans and strategies that strengthen systems so they can effectively implement coordinated local, national and international action to deliver quality of sport, which includes physical literacy experiences.
- Celebrating Francophone Successes: Highlight promising practices and programs that promote the development of physical literacy and quality sport in Quebec and in Canada’s Francophone communities.
Presentation Format Descriptions
Individual Presentation (30 minutes)
This is a 25-minute presentation with a five-minute Q&A. You may have up to two presenters.
Individual Presentation (60 minutes)
This is a 50 minute presentation with 10 minute Q&A. You may have up to two presenters.
This is a single 60-minute presentation delivered by a panel of three to four people on a common theme.
To submit an abstract, click here for the submission form. Please note, a discount on registration will be provided to accepted presenters.
Abstracts will be accepted until August 16. Early bird registration for the Summit will open September 16. For the summit website: sportforlifesummit.ca.